Saturday, January 4, 2014

Art Journal - Fly Fishing

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."
      - John Buchan

Elusive. But attainable. The quote is about fishing, but it could apply just as easily to art.

Sometimes I feel like the brush stroke I want is just as elusive as the trout at Cataloochee. But when I get it right.... Oh yes, when I get it right, when everything seems to come together into some semblance of what I imagine in my head, it is just as sweet as feeling that tug on the end of the line after seemingly endless casts.

And I feel hope. Hope that someday those moments of "rightness" will come more and more often, just like the hope for clean casts and tight lines.

Fly Fishing

1 comment:

  1. What a great visual journal this is! I don't know anything about fly fishing, but I could just feel what you are describing. I love the image you have created here, both visually and verbally. I imagine the day you are going to be so glad you started this blog for the history you will have preserved...

    ReplyDelete