Wednesday, January 1, 2014

30 Paintings In 30 Days - Day #1

As if I didn't already have enough on my plate going into the New Year, I decided to join a group of artists (over 400!!) kicking the year off with a 30 in 30 challenge. I did ok with my solo challenge back in October, but I have a feeling this one is going to be a little tougher. I have to post my work alongside that of real, serious, working artists.

Fortunately, with so many artists participating, my hack work will (hopefully) get lost in the shuffle!

Below is my project for Day #1, another in my fly fishing series. I decided to play one more time with the pen and ink along with my usual watercolors, and I also wanted to use some warmer colors. I don't think my choice of greens worked well, but you live and learn.

Watercolor Painting Fly Fishing at Sunset by Bill Whitworth from Morristown TN
Fly Fishing At Sunset

2 comments:

  1. I like the yellow and the green. I think the colors are great together. I'm glad you are "hacking" away with us in the 30 and 30. It's a bit intimidating to see all of those amazing artists isn't it? I know I was feeling a bit nervous last night! I am enjoying getting to meet so many new people and to see their work. I am looking forward to seeing what you post tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete