Thursday, January 23, 2014

30 Paintings In 30 Days - Day #23 - Autumn Tree

“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.”
      - Albert Camus

I am sticking with the tree theme today. I have a limited amount of time at lunch, and it is much easier to paint one of my small trees when I am in a bit of a rush. Definitely more relaxing as well. The tree below was painted in watercolor on 4x6 Kilimanjaro natural white block paper.

I thought the quote above was so cool the first time I ever read it, and I still love it. I like thinking of autumn trees as a garden in bloom, full of little "flowers" bursting with color. From a distance the leaves may all look the same, but when you see them up close they are like snowflakes, in they all have slight little variations in their shape and color that make them unique.

And every year that tree "garden" blooms just a little bit differently, so you can always look forward to a new and exciting show. God is an awesome gardener!

Watercolor painting of an autumn tree by amateur artist Bill Whitworth from Morristown TN
Autumn Tree

3 comments:

  1. I really like this tree--it has a freshness of approach and seems to have a luminous glow. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I thought it was funny that we both had autumn/red leaf paintings posted today.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I hadn't thought of that. But I have noticed a certain synergy when I look at Leslie's blog. One time I even saw two abstracts that randomly ended up next to each other that included some of the same style/elements--both had circles with spokes nearby!

      Delete