Wednesday, January 15, 2014

30 Paintings In 30 Days - Playing Catch-Up

Being sick this past weekend put me a little bit behind, so I am planning on doubling up some this week to get back on track so that I will have at least 30 total paintings by the end of the month.

This of course means on double-up days I will have to paint my watercolors even faster and looser than usual.

I actually did pretty well with the whole fast and loose thing until I got to the palm tree in the beach scene. I found myself slowing down tremendously to paint the palm branches. The branches alone took twice as long as the rest of the painting.

Both paintings below are watercolor on 6x8 paper.

I'm thinking maybe tomorrow its time to grind some ink again and make some brush paintings.......


Mountain Meadow
Beach and Palm



No comments:

Post a Comment