Sunday, January 5, 2014

30 Paintings In 30 Days - Day #5 - Flowers By The Sea

"There are always flowers for those who want to see them."
      - Henri Matisse

Day #5. One sixth of the Challenge completed.

Today felt like a pen and ink day. The warmer weather (however temporary) also made today seem like a good day for flowers. As cold as its supposed to get tonight and tomorrow - I needed an escape! I wanted to see flowers!

I scanned through a ton of images on Google before I found this one. Flowers and the ocean - a perfect combo! I painted the scene using the basic thumbnail view from the Google search. It was a little fuzzy, but did the job. When I was done I went ahead and clicked thru the image to visit the webpage it was on.

I was surprised to find that it was not a photo after all, but an oil painting!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34463075@N00/7899612896/

Pen and ink watercolor painting of flowers by the sea painted by amateur artist Bill Whitworth from Morristown TN
Flowers By The Sea


1 comment:

  1. I love this Bill! I love seeing the hills covered in bright colors. This says home to me.... (San Diego, CA)

    ReplyDelete