Monday, September 8, 2014

30 Paintings In 30 Days - Day #8

Today one of my Facebook friends changed their cover photo to a beautiful scene of a tree on a country at sunset or sunrise. I was very intrigued by it and immediately knew I wanted to make an attempt at painting it.

I also knew there was NO WAY I would be able to handle the lighting and the mist in the photo, so I figured I would try painting the scene at mid-day instead. Harsher, "easier" light and less shadow.

Here comes the word I use frequently - FRUSTRATING. This is the kind of attempt that hits home and makes me realize why I stick with small, simple compositions. I simply do not have the skill or vision at this point to make a scene like this work, much less pop.

Tree & Country Road - Watercolor On 9x12 Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment