Thursday, September 4, 2014

30 Paintings 30 Days 2014 - Day #4

I actually painted twice today.

For the first, I saw a painting online that I liked . I only had a few minutes before I had to leave to pick Aubrey up from school, so I decided to give myself a little challenge. 

I wanted to see if I could come up with my own interpretation of the painting with my preferred palette of colors in 10 minutes. This was the result. 


I did not have the time to be as careful with the tree as I normally would, so that was probably my biggest disappointment. There was a time though that I could not have even gotten something like this in an hour though, much less 10 minutes, so I will take it. Definitely a fun exercise that I should not have gotten away from doing.

Watercolor Tree on 6x9 Paper

The second painting was the one I had planned for the 30 Day Challenge. I have been experimenting with flowers lately. A few weeks ago I tried a loose bouquet, and tonight I wanted to try a bouquet in a glass vase. 

Ehhhh. Learning experience. 'Nuff said.

Watercolor Flowers on 6x6 Paper

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm...you say learning experience, and I say I think that is a very strong painting! I think it might be a favorite... (so please don't trash it!)

    ReplyDelete