Tuesday, September 2, 2014

30 Paintings 30 Days 2014 - Day #2

Wasn't really sure what I wanted to paint today, so I started looking back through old paintings to see if there was anything I wanted to change a little bit. One of my most popular little trees (meaning someone actually repinned it on Pinterest) was one that leaned to the left, so I decided to see if I could give it maybe a little more depth and life.

I ended up with the tree below. The dreaded bloom monster reared its ugly head again. Maybe one day I will slow down enough to keep the monster at bay, but I'm starting to think its going to be one of my many curses.

Its not a huge change from the original painting, but I think it does have a tiny bit more "life." So I'll give myself a slight "mission accomplished" rating.....

Watercolor on 6x6 block paper.

Painting of a lone tree in watercolor by amateur artist Bill Whitworth from Morristown, TN.
Lone Watercolor Tree

1 comment:

  1. Your trees really are appealing. I'm curious, somehow I think you are doing these from imagination. Is that correct?

    ReplyDelete