Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Meadows

"How does the Meadow flower its bloom unfold? Because the lovely little flower is free down to its root, and in that freedom bold." - William Wordworth

I was thinking today about how beautiful the meadows are along the Virginia Creeper Trail in the springtime, and about how much I would love to be riding on an a stunning day like today. Maybe I was a little bit jealous of those blooming flowers freedom to bask in the sunshine all day long, with no obligations or commitments to worry about.

Then I looked over at my little girl who has not felt well the past few days, and had to stay home from school with me today. She gave me a little smile and said "I love you Daddy." Jealousy gone. I wouldn't trade where I am for anything in the world.

Those amazing springtime meadows were still on my mind though, so I took a few minutes at lunchtime to practice painting once again on the bigger 9x12 paper. I found a photo of a meadow I liked, got out the watercolors, and this is the result. I will never be able to do those Creeper Trail meadows justice, but it sure is fun to try!




No comments:

Post a Comment